PDF Buying a Veterinary Practice
A complete example of a practice purchase teaches you how to evaluate practices you’re interested in, all in an easy PDF format.
This item was successfully added to your cart.
Please specify a quantity.
This resource will help you determine if you are cut out to be a practice owner and features the relative advantages and disadvantages of buying a practice.
You will learn:
- How to find practices for sale
- What information you need to get from the seller
- How to evaluate seller’s information
- Where to look for resources for financing the purchase
- Common mistakes buyers make
- Arguments the seller might raise
Comprehensive practice purchase resource:
- Features a complete example of a practice purchase, including what information the seller gives the potential buyer and how it is analyzed to determine if the practice is a good buy or not
- Potential buyers will understand the buying process and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Well organized and easy to follow
- Editable templates provided as Excel files
Lorraine Monheiser List,
CPA, CVA, is a nationally recognized consultant and speaker on
financial topics and practice management. She is the author of seven books on
practice transitions and compensation models. In 2013 she received the
Distinguished Life Member Award from VetPartners, the association for
PDF with Excel files, AAHA Press
Minimum system requirements: Microsoft Word version 2003 or higher; Microsoft Excel version 2003 or higher
Is Practice Ownership Right for You?
Building Your Team of Advisors
Buying an Existing Practice Versus Starting Your Own
Finding a Practice to Buy
What Are You Buying—Stock or Assets?
What Happens When You Request More Information About a Practice
What to Request from the Seller or Broker
What to Do with All That Data
Preparing a Cash Flow Forecast
To Buy or Not to Buy: That Is the Question
Looking Beyond the Numbers
Arguments the Seller Might Raise
Common Mistakes Buyers Make
Appendix A: Where to Find Specific Information on Tax Returns
Appendix B: Basics Tips for Using Microsoft Excel
Appendix C: Summary of Revenue and Expenses for Target Veterinary Practice
Appendix E: Sample First-Year Pretax Cash Flow Forecast for Target Veterinary Practice
Appendix F: Sample First-Year Pretax Cash Flow Forecast with Adjusted Purchase Price
Appendix G: Buying a Practice: Nonfinancial Factors to consider